Sunday, October 3, 2010

Red, White and Tuna

On September 17th, Bill and Pat, Owners of the 49er RV Ranch where we are workamping, gave several of the workampers tickets to the opening night of Red, White and Tuna.  It was the 3rd play of a trilogy and it was great.  There were only two male actors that played all the parts and they did a fantastic job.  During intermission we got ice cream at the ice cream palor associated with the Fallon Theater.  The only problem was that we couldn't eat it all before the play started back up.  Later we found out that we could have pre-ordered our ice cream and we wouldn't have had to wait in line to order. 

Here is a link that tells all about it.  By the way, Tuna is a small town in Texas.

Red, White and Tuna

I have to tell you I haven't laughed so hard in a long time as I did during the play.

Today, October 3, I woke up to rain and it is still raining.  I had to get my  poncho out and on to walk the dogs this morning. 

We have a couple people here at the Ranch that work for the Forest Service and another that is a fire fighter stationed here for the dry season.  Said he could be moved out once we get a good rain.  Not sure if this would be considered a good rain or not.

The Fiddle and Bango contest and chili cook-off took place yesterday in Columbia, but both Miles and I had to work so didn't get to attend.  We heard from some of the other workampers that it was lots of fun and many more in attendance than last year.

Fiddle and Bango Contest and Chili Cook-off
Yesterday and today there is an Oktoberfest in Twain Harte, CA.  We were going to attend it today, but both Miles and I are down with colds.  UGH!!

Twain Harte, California

Our working hours have changed as Sally and Alf have left and will be missed.  Miles is now working Wed. through Sat. 8-5 and I'm working Thurs. through Sat. 9-6 in the office and working on Wed. to do some computer work.  Currently, I'm learning FileMaker on an MAC.  EGADS!!!  It is a database program and it is taking awhile for me to ramp up as I've only used Microsoft Excel.  It has been an interesting journey.  Eric, our webmaster, has been a big help.

The dogs are doing well.  I haven't seen any signs of fleas as of yet which is a good thing.  They enjoy the deer and would love to be able to chase them.  Ain't gonna happen.  Sorry, Pups.

That is about all that has happened recently.

Happy trails

No comments:

Post a Comment