Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Time to Catch Up

Our life became crazy on February 26th when Miles came home and advised me that he saw the somewhat perfect 5th wheel for us.  So, on Saturday February 27th we trouped off to Intermountain Coach to see our futurre "dream" home.  That's Miles standing beside it.  Check out the grin on his face.  :)


Of course I fell in love with it and told them on the spot it was ours.  We didn't want them to put it on the lot for sale.  Now, sweating profusely, I had to figure out how we were going to swing this. 

I called our credit union where we have our pop-up and Jeep financed and asked them what they could do for us on the Cedar Creek 5er (that's what 5th wheels are called).  Didn't know you were going to learn stuff from this blog, did you?  That was the same Saturday and had to wait until Monday to get a go/no go from the credit union.  I was dreaming and sweating, dreaming and sweating.  Miles was just plain ol' stressing out.  He at this point decides I'm not just a little nuts, but nuts big time. 

Another option was to pull my pension money from the account set up and funded by my employer.  I talked to the company managing it and they said sure I could pull from it by just filling out a two page form from my employer and they'd send it in and wahlah money for the 5er.  Called my employer on Monday and got an emphatic NO you can't do that.  Back to waiting to hear from the credit union.

Praise report, the credit union came through and the 5er could be ours.  But, they only loan 80% on RVs which meant that we'd need to come up with about $5,500 to make it ours.  Not a piece of cake, but we could trade in Miles' PT Cruiser that he's had for about 6 years and very attached to.  Can you guess what happened?  Yep, we decided to trade in the PT on the 5er and scheduled time to sign all the paperwork and make it official.






No comments:

Post a Comment